Improved Customer Engagement
Agile FACT is a lean start-up strategy for development teams that closes the gap between Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and Feature Acceptance to improve overall customer engagement.
FACT - Feature Accepted as Complete and Tested
Agile FACT provides the ability to review features in realtime by any Product Owner, Stakeholder or any other interested parties of any agile team to gauge the true state of feature development and make decisions accordingly.
Agile FACT defines the following principles:
- A Story is accepted as Done when all related automated acceptance tests have been reviewed by a Product Owner and accepted as complete.
- Each automated acceptance test must encompass the same behaviour and interact with all system components as when a real user is interacting with the target feature.
- Scaffolding that is used early on in the development cycle to achieve the Sprint definition of Done must be removed at a later stage with the same acceptance tests remaining in place.
- It may not be viable to automate ALL Stories - When should we Automate Stories?
- Scaffolding - Stubs/Mocks/Virtualisation are used to isolate a system under test. They are typically employed when dependencies are unavailable or to isolate parts of the system in order to aid development in some manner.